Anyway, Alma 6. One impression that I had that I think is really important comes from verses 2 and 3:
2 And it came to pass that whosoever did not belong to the church who arepented of their sins were baptized unto repentance, and were received into the church.
3 And it also came to pass that whosoever did belong to the church that did not arepent of their wickedness and humble themselves before God—I mean those who were lifted up in the bpride of their hearts—the same were rejected, and their names were cblotted out, that their names were not numbered among those of the righteous.
In this verse, we see that those who did NOT belong to the church were the ones actually humbling themselves (coming unto God) and the ones who DID belong to the church were not humbling themselves. I feel like just because we're members of the church, doesn't mean that we are better than anyone and that we are automatically chosen. We have to live the gospel, being kind, virtuous, humble, etc. It doesn't give us the right to puff ourselves up and look down on people. Because, God's chosen people are those who humble themselves before Him.
In this verse, we see that those who did NOT belong to the church were the ones actually humbling themselves (coming unto God) and the ones who DID belong to the church were not humbling themselves. I feel like just because we're members of the church, doesn't mean that we are better than anyone and that we are automatically chosen. We have to live the gospel, being kind, virtuous, humble, etc. It doesn't give us the right to puff ourselves up and look down on people. Because, God's chosen people are those who humble themselves before Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment